Today we got a first look at the Deshi’s carbon fiber skate. Funny after that post last week and all. I will let the pictures do most of the talking this time because even though these were size 8’s I couldn’t get my feet into them and I’m a size 9. Mostly because Vinny had them laced pretty tight and I didn’t feel like tearing his set up apart (BTW don’t you hate that when you let someone try your skates on and they loosen all the laces and straps and whatever you may have it they skate them for a few minutes, then when they are done they just leave them all sweaty, and just completely and utterly obliterated. Just like that bum that broke into my car the other night and used it as a bathroom and then moved on…I SWEAR I’LL FIND YOU!) Anyhoo, they were light and I was impressed. Apparently the OLD buckle is on this model so ignore that as much as possible.
Enough about me, here is what others had to say about them…
Kyle Jr. had this to say about them.
- i have tried almost every skate and this skate is by faaaaaar the lightest skate, nothing even comes close to it
- they weren’t crazy floppy like i thought the would be, they actually had decent ankle support to them which was a big plus to me
- the material is pretty sturdy, they look weak but it is strong
- i thought the soul plates were good too, didn’t really get to skate them long enough really try them out, but they seemed legit
I am not sure how they will hold up overtime but they had a very good first impression on me and i am definitely considering getting them when they come out.
And Dre said this..
1. They look like shoes. the size 8s were [expletive] tiny. smallest looking skates ive ever seen
2. the buckle seems like its gonna break hella soon. apparently its the older model p-type, so im assuming they will fix it.
3. Groove seems actually skateable, unlike the nonsense that comes on the ch1s. souls seem 10x better than the ch1s.
4. Carbon fiber is HARD as [expletive]. i definitely see it lasting for days. you can tell where it stops tho, so i wonder if the cuff will last.
5. and yes, they are [expletive] LIGHT. super light. Hella light. not even funny light.
And now for the rest of the PIX!